Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Facebook Thinks I'm "Democratic Scum?"

So I was recently deleted from Facebook.
Like yesterday.

I was deleted for being a "spammer" because I was "using a feature of Facebook persistantly and rapidly."

But, then I was told that Facebook could not give me a reason why my account was disabled or which features I was using too rapidly. I did however receive warnings in the form of pop-up windows whenever I did anything, that my account could be disabled at any moment-- for the duration of that day.

Facebook seemed to think that every message I wrote, every time I wrote on a friend's wall, and every time I used an application or talked in a forum, that I was "spamming" and I was told "your account could be disabled!"

I thought that this was a problem that I'd been wrongly accused of spamming, so I wrote the e-mail that the pop-up warnings instructed me to, if I thought I'd received these warnings in error. Immediately afterwards, when I tried to log in, I saw this screen (red circle added by me):



So they don't actually have a reason for deleting my account.

Later, I set up another account, "Asher WasDeleted" (I was going to say my full name was "Asher Hates Facebook" but they have filters). Because the email I used for this account did not have a college network associated with it, they make me fill out a word bubble form every time I do ANYTHING-- add a friend, send a message, write on somebodies wall, etc. There are single images of two words that you are supposed to type in. I was frustrated enough that I'd had my account deleted, ostensibly for political activism, when:




Democratic Scum? Maybe that's why I was deleted: for working for Dennis Kucinich? That was a single image. Those two words were NOT randomly paired.

So that's what Facebook thinks of Dennis Kucinich and I. Democratic Scum. Great.



By the way, what I was doing on there was directing people to the Democracy For America poll at Democracy For America

Dennis Kucinich is now winning the DFA poll! Let's keep it up! We're only ahead of Barack Obama by two thousand votes. We're still at risk for losing our lead...





Vote Now!

4 comments:

At October 25, 2007 at 12:19 PM Dr. Ben Rubin said...

Wow. Democratic scum, that is ridiculous

 
At October 25, 2007 at 1:41 PM Anonymous said...

oi gevalt.

What'd I tell ya'? Facebook is nooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooood.

 
At October 27, 2007 at 2:50 AM Anonymous said...

Lookin' good!

Our dearly trusted DFA seems to have taken down the 2nd poll and left the Gore one as the main one.

cheers!

 
At November 18, 2007 at 7:37 PM James M. Jensen II said...

Actually, that looks like a recaptcha, in which case the words actually *were* randomly paired, unlikely as it may seem. You *can* generate an image like that on the fly.

In any case, I do hope Dennis can get some press before the primaries. If Hillary gets it, I may seriously consider voting Green Party.

 

Post a Comment