Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Why I don't eat Chicken.

I left the Cleveland office for the west coast a few weeks ago. I had my first politics class here at UC Santa Cruz last week. The teacher told us that we would be doing group projects on presidential candidates from each party. "From the democrats we will have Hillary, Obama, Edwards, Biden, Dodd, and . . . .Richardson." The Ron Paul followers immediately jumped in, screaming that their god was not included with the Republicans. "We are sticking to the major candidates," the professor said.

I send him an email that night explaining my position on the campaign, and how I was very upset that he decided to leave Kucinich out. I then proceeded to explain to him that he was not speaking truthfully, claiming to only stick to the main candidates when Kucinich is currently pooling higher than Chris Dodd and Joe Biden combined.

In class he announced that he would be including Kucinich in the project because someone had sent him an email that caused him to change his mind.

I got assigned to Hillary.

Either way, I plan on recruiting some Students for Kucinich from this class soon.

-Dr. Ben Rubin

4 comments:

At October 1, 2007 at 7:25 PM HoosiersNest said...

I'm voting for Ron Paul. I wish Kucinich stood more of a chance against Hillary for the Dems but I think the establishment on BOTH sides are trying to throw this one to Mrs. and Mr. Clinton. RP and DK fans may not see all issues in the same light, but in many ways we fight the same fight. At least DK isn't a complete sellout shill like most of the rest of the Dem and Rep crowd. I give him props for that.

 
At October 16, 2007 at 8:06 AM The Punk Patriot said...

Go Ben!

Why are Dodd and Biden "major candidates" anyways?

I the stigma that's been created around Dennis as being a longshot THAT strong?

 
At October 18, 2007 at 7:42 PM Shar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.  
At October 18, 2007 at 7:44 PM Shar said...

My advice is to not let the brainwashing media tell us who's 'electable' or who the 'major' candidates are. Ultimately, if 'we, the people' vote and have our votes counted as we cast them, any candidate can win. It's disappointing to hear that a professor at UC Santa Cruz isn't more progressive and would leave legitimate candidates out of a presidential forum. Bravo, Ben, for sending that email. Best of luck toughing it out in the mock Hillary camp. Geesh!

 

Post a Comment